Online Registration Eligibility Requirements Fines and Fees Checkout Periods
All Georgia residents are eligible for a PINES library card. PINES cards will work at hundreds of libraries throughout Georgia, allowing users to check out items from one library and return it to any other PINES library.
Applying for a library card online is quick and easy. Once you’ve filled out the form, you’ll have instant access to our online materials. The password you create as part of the process will be your PIN for digital resources.
To transition to a physical card, you’ll need to bring photo ID to the library. Due to the current global health crisis, we are unable to take ID or provide you with a physical card, but to participate in the Curbside process, you can send an email to email@example.com for assistance.
- All residents of Georgia
- All students in Georgia (with proof of enrollment)
- All full-time employees in Georgia (with proof of employment)
- All owners of property in Georgia (with proof of ownership)
- All others for a fee ($25.00/year)
To apply for a PINES card, you must show identification. If you are not a resident of Georgia, you will also need to show proof listed above for a free card, or pay for an out-of-state card. Valid forms of ID include:
- Valid photo ID showing current, local address, OR
- Valid photo ID and one item from the approved list (see below) showing current, local address (if photo ID does not have the correct address) OR
- Two items from the approved list (see below)
- Valid driver’s license or other state-issued photo ID
- Valid voter registration card
- Valid matricula consular
- Checks with correct pre-printed address
- Utility bill
- Tax receipt or other piece of mail that shows your name and correct address
PINES cards are available to all ages; however, minors must have their parent or guardian present to register.
Fines and Fees
Checking out materials, using computers, and visiting the library are all free. There are some fines and fees associated with late fees, damages, and lost items. Fines and fees over $10.00 will block access to some library services.
- Books, audiobooks, and music: $0.20/day
- Videos: $0.50/day
- State passes: Vary
- Maximum late fine: $5.00/item
Lost or Damaged Fees
- Lost: Price of the item plus $4.00 processing fee
- Damaged: Price of the item plus $4.00 processing fee, in cases of minor damage, this cost may vary
- Lost Cards: $2.00
Most items can be renewed twice, which extends the checkout period by an additional checkout period.
- Books, audiobooks, and music: 14 days
- Videos and State passes: 7 days
If your card is lost or stolen, please notify us immediately. We will issue you a new card, which will prevent anyone else from using the missing card. As a library card is required for all checkouts, all items checked out on the card are the responsibility of the library cardholder, no matter who is using the card.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions section for more information about using your library card!