Registration opens on May 29th, 2018 and closes June 25th, 2018. Register online from home or at the library. After registering, pick up your reading packet, calendar, and more at the library you registered at.
Summer Reading Challenge Rules
- Record the title, author, and number of pages you have read in the reading log provided. (This includes reading alone or reading to someone.) If you run out of space, just ask for a new log.
- To complete the challenge, you must read at least 600 pages and write 2 book reviews by June 29th.
- Everyone who completes gets a certificate and their name in the adult grand prize drawing to be held at our ending party June 30th.
Goals may be submitted only once per day.
Each of our libraries will have events for tweens and teens.
Dalton-Whitfield County Public Library
- Thursday, June 7th @ 5:30 pm – DIY Rocks!
- Saturday, June 16th @ 12:30 pm – Rome Area Flute Ensemble (music & refreshments)
- Thursday, June 21st @ 5:30 pm – Open Mic Night
- Thursday, June 28th @ 5:30 pm – Grunge Night
Calhoun-Gordon County Public Library
Pre-registration is required for most adult events.
- Friday, June 1st @ 5:00 pm – Sue Van Buren Informational Meeting
- Monday, June 4th @ 4:00 pm – Classical Paint Pouring
- Tuesday, June 5th @ 5:00 pm – Harvesting Scholars Presents FAFSA Day
- Monday, June 10th @ 4:00 pm – Noteworthy Polymer Bead Bracelet
- Monday, June 18th @ 4:00 pm – Painting with Whitney Paradis
- Monday, June 24th @ 4:00 pm – DIY Musical Wind Chimes
- Wednesday, June 27th @ 12:30 pm – Brown Bag Book Club (bring your own lunch)
- Thursday, June 28th @ 6:00 pm – Friends of the Library Annual Meeting with Speaker Raymond L. Atkins
Chatsworth- Murray County Public Library
- Friday, June 8th @ 12:00 pm – Poetry Jam
- Friday, June 15th @ 12:00 pm – Libraries Rock: Craft Time
Summer Reading Program Awards Party
Join us for crafts, fun, awards and prizes! Come to the Court House lawn across from the Chatsworth-Murray County Public Library. This is only available to participants from the Chatsworth-Murray County Public Library.
- Friday, June 29th @ 10:00 am – Court House Lawn across from the temporary library space
Todd Key – The Flying Debris Extravaganza Juggle-Palooza!
Celebrate completing the summer reading challenge with food and fun! Todd gives a wacky, witty, one of a kind show. Not to be missed! This show is only available at the Dalton-Whitfield County Public Library offsite location.
- Saturday, June 30th @ 2:00 pm – Blue Ridge School