Registration opens on May 29th, 2018 and closes June 25th, 2018. Register online at home or at the library. After registering, pick up your reading packet, calendar, and more at the library you registered at.
Summer Reading Challenge Rules
- Each teen must record the title, author and number of pages read in the reading log provided. (This includes reading alone or reading to someone.) If you run out of space, just ask for a new log.
- Meet a goal. To meet a goal, read 125 pages, record them in the log and take the log to the library that you registered at to receive a prize (starting June 4th.)
- Complete 4 goals (Remember a goal is – read 125 pages, record them in your log and bring to the library to receive a prize) to complete the challenge.
- Once you complete the challenge, turn in your reading log to be entered in the grand prize drawing. Last day to turn in reading logs is June 29th.
- Everyone who completes the challenge gets a certificate and their name in the grand prize drawing.
Goals may be submitted only once per day.
Each of our libraries will have events for tweens and teens.
Dalton-Whitfield County Public Library
- Monday, June 4th @ 2:00 pm – Steel Drums Rock
- Monday, June 11th @ 2:00 pm – Make Your Own Music Video
- Saturday, June 16th @ 1:30 pm – NERF® War Rocks!
- Monday, June 25th @ 2:00 pm – Lip Sync Battle
Calhoun-Gordon County Public Library
Pre-registration is required for all tween and teen events.
- Saturday, June 2nd @ 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm – Teen Lock-in (Permission Slip Required)
Middle School / Tween Events
- Tuesday, June 5th @ 4:00 pm – The Science of Sound
- Tuesday, June 12th @ 4:00 pm – The Art of Sound: Arcylic on Canvas
- Tuesday, June 19th @ 4:00 pm – Engineering Sound: DIY Wind chimes
- Tuesday, June 26th @ 4:00 pm – Wearable Sound: Metal Stamped Guitar Pick Bracelets
High School / Teen Events
- Thursday, June 7th @ 4:00 pm – The Science of Sound
- Thursday, June 14th @ 4:00 pm – The art of Sound: Watercolor on Sheet Music
- Thursday, June 21st @ 4:00 pm – Engineering Sound: DIY Drums
- Thursday, June 28th @ 4:00 pm – Wearable Sound: Metal Stamped Guitar Pick Bracelets
Chatsworth- Murray County Public Library
- Friday, June 15th @ 12:00 pm – Libraries Rock: Craft Time
- Friday, June 22nd @ TBA – Virtual reality
Summer Reading Program Awards Party
Join us for crafts, fun, awards and prizes! Come to the Court House lawn across from the Chatsworth-Murray County Public Library. This is only available to participants from the Chatsworth-Murray County Public Library.
- Friday, June 29th @ 10:00 am – Court House Lawn across from the temporary library space
End of Summer Reading Lock-In
Open to Dalton and Whitfield tweens and teens who complete the Summer Reading Challenge. Permission slips will be required.
- Saturday, June 30th @ 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm – Dalton-Whitfield County Public Library