This week’s Bookshelf will highlight some of the free events that our Dalton library branch will be hosting during the month of March. We genuinely hope to see you at some (or all!) of these awesome programs. Two announcements: All libraries will be closed Friday, March 30th-Sunday, April 1st for the Easter holiday. Our Chatsworth-Murray County Public Library will be re-opening on Monday, March 5th at 9:00 am at its temporary location, 100 N 3rd Ave Chatsworth, GA 30705.
Each library branch within the Northwest Georgia Regional Library System is unique and offers programming that meets the needs of their respective communities. We encourage you to take a look at the abbreviated calendar for the Dalton-Whitfield County Public Library below. Keep in mind that this is just a slight glimpse into our schedule. You can access our full calendar by visiting the Events Page or on Facebook for each branch.
Dalton-Whitfield County Public Library:
- Move and Groove: Tuesdays at 11:00 am. Kids will rhyme, learn, sing, wiggle and dance during this fun time for active little ones and their caregivers. This program is geared towards birth through pre-K, but all children are welcome.
- Story time: Fridays at 4:00 pm. Stories, crafts and fun activities; this program is geared towards pre-k and elementary school learners, but all children are welcome. This month, the themes include, “Bugs” on the 9th, “Rainbows” on the 16th and “Eggs & Nests” on the 23rd.
- Tween Craft Night: Make Your Own Instrument: Monday the 12th at 4:30 pm. Build your own musical instruments and make some music with new friends. Open to 4th – 8th graders. Snacks will be provided.
- Tween and Teen Coding Club: Tuesday the 13th at 4:30 pm. Calling all tween and teen coders! If you are interested in learning how to code, please join us for the first Coding Club meeting. Attendees will learn how to use programs and build simple code. Fun group projects will also be discussed. Open to 4th – 12th graders. Snacks will be provided.
- Understanding Credit Class: Tuesday the 13th from 6:00 pm-7:00 pm. A representative from Georgia United Credit Union will be teaching attendees about credit and how it affects your financial wellness. This same class will be offered in Spanish on Thursday the 15th from 6:00pm-7:00 pm.
- Teen Writers’ Club: Tuesday the 20th at 4:30 pm. Attention teen writers! Join other young authors and share your ideas, thoughts and work. Open to 8th – 12th graders. Snacks will be provided.
- Local Author Festival: Saturday the 24th from 10:00 am -noon. Join us for our first annual local author festival! Authors from North Georgia and the surrounding area will be at the library to sign books, talk about their writing and share their stories. There will be many genres represented; children’s books, inspirational fiction, memoirs and much more. This event is open to all ages.
We are always looking for new and exciting things to offer our patrons, so please feel free to send suggestions our way. If you’re interested in staying up-to-date with our libraries’ daily happenings, you can follow each branch on Instagram! Find us @CalhounGALib, @ChatsworthGALib and @DaltonGALibrary.
Thank you for stopping by The Bookshelf. Don’t be a stranger; come by the library and say “Hi” soon. – Katie