Parent-to-Parent Training — Adults
Open to all; designed for parents of children with disabilities.
Learn basic information about The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) including
- January – “What a Great Idea”: Special education and how it works, including topics like
– Child Find
– Response to Intervention (RTI)
– Student Support Teams
– Making Referrals
– Evaluation Expectations
– Preparing for an Individualized Education Program (IEP) Meeting
– Resolving Disputes
- February – “Movin’ Up!”: Planning your child’s successful transition at age 3, including preparing for a smooth transition from Babies Can’t Wait / early intervention and an overview of programs and services that may be available for three year olds with special needs in our community. Childcare is provided.
- March – “Where Do We Go From Here?”: Preparing your special needs child to transition from high school. The presentation includes learning the keys to successful transition, the role of the school in transition planning, and things to consider when planning your child’s transition to adulthood. Childcare is provided.