Apart from all fields that are submitted to us by choice, additional information may be collected for relevant statistical purposes. Such information includes, but is not limited to, IP Addresses, times that forms are submitted, browser and system details, and information stored on your hard drive (via “cookies”).
In order to process some of the information we obtain, we may also place cookies on your hard drive to store important information of individual users. In some cases, your browser may prompt you if you wish to save these files. Although you may choose as you please, our website may not function as intended if cookies are not saved when attempted.
We use this information for further improvement in our services, as well as to provide services for your use. This information provides rich details for how we may design our website and operate our services.
Under no circumstance will information be sold or distributed to third party organizations without the consent of the individual.
Secure Storage of Data
The Northwest Georgia Library System welcomes the opportunity to talk to our patrons, both online and in person. We enjoy your positive and negative input and so, we encourage commenting. All comments go through a moderation process, so if your comment does not appear immediately, check back the next day.
We reserve the right to delete any that are considered inappropriate. Reasons for a comment being deleted include, but are not limited to, the items below:
- Irrelevant or off-topic comments
- Spam (multiple posts of the same thing)
- Personal attacks on other commentators, members of staff, or anyone else
- Obscene, defamatory, profane, offensive, and/or inappropriate comments
- Commercial or product sales comments
- Comments including personal information, such as name, address, phone number, or e-mail within the text of the comment
- Comments suggesting or encouraging illegal activities of any kind
- Comments containing copyrighted materials without proper credit