AARP Tax-Aide will be at Dalton-Whitfield Library starting February 2nd and ending April 15th
The AARP Foundation will be here, providing free tax aide to people with low or moderate incomes, focusing especially on those over 60. There is no cost for the tax aide and it will be available Tuesdays and Fridays starting February 2nd and ending April 15th. For more information, visit the AARP website. Tax-Aide commonly has lines, so please get here early.
Tuesdays: 10:30AM – 3:30PM
Fridays: 10:30AM – 3:30PM
Saturdays – Tax-Aide will be at the Mack Gaston Community center.
* Please note, the schedule is subject to any library closings.
AARP’s list of things to bring:
- Social Security Cards or other official documentation for yourself and all dependents
- Copy of last year’s income tax returns
- W-2 Forms from each employer
- Unemployment compensation statements
- SSA-1099 form if you were payed Social Security benefits
- All 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-MISC, etc.) showing interest and/or dividents, as well as documentation showing the the original purchase price of your sold assets
- 1099 forms if you received a pension or annuity
- All forms indicating federal income tax paid
- Child care provider information (name, employer ID, Social Security number)
- Receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions
- Social Security numbers for all dependents