To create a multi-purpose educational center that serves as a community resource for workforce development (to include math, computer skills, and language development for Spanish speaking residents preparing for the workforce); development of early literacy skills with a focus on reading, writing, and math; and college preparation with career assessment assistance.
About the Learning and Technology Training Center (LTTC)
The Northwest Georgia Regional Library is proud to announce the launch of this center. The LTTC will offer computer and workforce development classes to the public for free. This is the place to improve your computer and employment skills. A variety of classes will be offered at the LTTC by qualified instructors, and these classes are designed to help you achieve your learning goals.
If you are interested in developing your technology or employment skills, the LTTC is the right place. We have changed our classes to help promote more of the skills that our students have suggested! These classes have been designed to help learners of all ages get the skills they need to use computer resources. Classes may not be available each month, so check back often.
- Week 1
- Thursday, January 5th – Open Lab – 3:00pm-6:00pm
An E-Specialist will be on hand to answer questions and give assistance on computers, devices, downloadable, media, and email.
- Week 2
- Tuesday, January 10th – Computer Basics – 5:30pm-6:30pm
- Wednesday, January 11th – 3D Printing 101 – 5:30pm-6:30pm
- Thursday, January 12th – Saving your Data – 5:30pm-6:30pm
Learn to identify parts of a computer, mouse basics, and opening and closing programs.
Design a 3D print, and becoming familair with the Makerbot 3D Printer
Look at various ways to backup your important data (pictures, videos, music, email, etc)
- Week 3
- Tuesday, January 17th – The Internet – 5:30pm-6:30pm
- Wednesday, January 18th – 3D Printing 102 – 5:30pm-6:30pm
Learn about the different browsers and how to use them to search information
Print the design you created, and learn about the practical uses for 3D printers
- Week 4
- Tuesday, January 24th – Email: Setup – 5:30pm-6:30pm
- Thursday, January 26th – Email: Usage – 5:30pm-6:30pm
- Saturday, January 28th – Facebook Basics – 12:00pm-1:00pm
Setting up a Gmail address.
Learn how to send and receive emails using Gmail
Learn about profiles, messages, posts, and adding content to Facebook (ages 11 & up)
Note: No registration is required for these classes. Class size is limited.
- Week 1
- Tuesday, December 6th – Computer Basics: Getting Started – 11:00am-12:30pm
- Week 2
- Wednesday, December 14th – Advanced Computers: 3D Printing 101 – 5:30pm-6:30pm
- Thursday, December 15th – Advanced Computers: Microsoft Word 102 – 11:00am-12:30pm
- Week 3
- Tuesday, December 20th – Advanced Computers: Ancestry Library Edition – 11:00am-12:30pm
- Wednesday, December 21st – Advanced Computers: 3D Printing 102 – 5:30pm-6:30pm
Register for Classes
Registration can be done online, over the phone, or inside the library.
To register online, click this text.
To register over the phone, call Jessica Wyatt at 706-876-2504.
To register inside the library, drop by Dalton-Whitfield County Library and ask the front desk for a registration form.
Job Searching Resources
- Glassdoor: Discover salary information, company profiles, interview questions and more as Glassdoor helps you get a job.
Contact the LTTC
|Address:||Dalton Whitfield Public Library
310 Cappes St.
Dalton Ga, 30720