To create a multi-purpose educational center that serves as a community resource for workforce development (to include math, computer skills, and language development for Spanish speaking residents preparing for the workforce); development of early literacy skills with a focus on reading, writing, and math; and college preparation with career assessment assistance.
About the Learning and Technology Training Center (LTTC)
The Northwest Georgia Regional Library is proud to announce the launch of this center. The LTTC will offer computer and workforce development classes to the public for free. This is the place to improve your computer and employment skills. A variety of classes will be offered at the LTTC by qualified instructors, and these classes are designed to help you achieve your learning goals.
If you are interested in developing your technology or employment skills, the LTTC is the right place. We have changed our classes to help promote more of the skills that our students have suggested! These classes have been designed to help learners of all ages get the skills they need to use computer resources. Classes may not be available each month, so check back often.
- Week 1
- Thursday, August 3rd – Resume 101 – 11:00am-12:00pm
An introductory course that provides tips on how to create resumes and cover letters.
- Week 2
- Monday, August 7th – Technology Open Lab – 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Tuesday, August 8th – Excel 101 – 5:30pm-7:00pm
- Thursday, August 10th – Job Searching – 11:00am-12:00pm
A tech specialist will be on hand to answer questions and give assistance on computers, devices, downloadable media, and email.
Learn the basics of Excel, using cells and worksheets.
An introductory course to help you master the steps in the job search process.
- Week 3
- Tuesday, August 15th – Excel 102 – 5:30pm-7:00pm
- Thursday, AUgust 17th – Dress for Success – 11:00am-12:00pm
Learn how to work with numbers and data by creating spreadsheets. Learn how to create/modify spreadsheets and format cells.
Learn how to best dress for a job interview. Presented by a Dalton State College staff member.
- Week 4
- Monday, August 21st – Resume Open Lab – 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Thursday, August 24th – Interviewing 101 -11:00am-12:00pm
Staff will be on hand to offer assistance in resume creation and editing.
Learn how to prepare for an interview. Presented by a Dalton State College staff member.
- Week 5
- Tuesday, August 29th – Publisher Basics – 5:00pm-7:30pm
Learn how to use Publisher to create projects like invitations, calendars, flyers, and more.
Note: No registration is required for these classes. Class size is limited.
Job Searching Resources
- Glassdoor: Discover salary information, company profiles, interview questions and more as Glassdoor helps you get a job.
Contact the LTTC
|Address:||Dalton Whitfield Public Library
310 Cappes St.
Dalton Ga, 30720