To create a multi-purpose educational center that serves as a community resource for workforce development (to include math, computer skills, and language development for Spanish speaking residents preparing for the workforce); development of early literacy skills with a focus on reading, writing, and math; and college preparation with career assessment assistance.
About the Learning and Technology Training Center (LTTC)
The Northwest Georgia Regional Library is proud to announce the launch of this center. The LTTC will offer computer and workforce development classes to the public for free. This is the place to improve your computer and employment skills. A variety of classes will be offered at the LTTC by qualified instructors, and these classes are designed to help you achieve your learning goals.
So that we can share our space with AARP Tax-Aide, our computer classes will be condensed for the Spring. The offered classes are our most popular and most requested. See the below schedule and description for information.
If you are interested in developing your technology or employment skills, the LTTC is the right place. We have changed our classes to help promote more of the skills that our students have suggested! These classes have been designed to help learners of all ages get the skills they need to use computer resources.
No computer experience necessary for Computer Basics classes.
Getting Started – Identifying the parts of a computer, mouse basics, opening and closing programs.
Microsoft Word: 101 – Microsoft cursors, typing a document, ribbons/tabs.
Keyboarding – Become familiar with the keyboard, including home keys and capitalization.
Microsoft PowerPoint – Making a presentation, ribbons/tabs.
Basic computer skills and an Email address are required for the Social Media classes.
Facebook: 101 – Creating an account, security settings.
Facebook: 102 – Adding friends, sharing/posting/messaging.
Advanced Computer Skills
Basic computer skills and an Email address are required for the Advanced classes.
3D Printing: 101 – Design a 3D print, become familiar with Makerbot printer.
3D Printing: 102 – Print a design, learning about practical uses.
Google Drive – Create and store documents using the Google Cloud.
Ancestry Library Edition – Learn the basics of researching family history using Ancestry.com Library Edition.
- Week 1
- Wednesday, March 2nd – Computer Basics: Getting Started – 11:00am – 12:30pm
- Thursday, March 3rd – Computer Basics: Word 101 – 5:00pm – 6:30pm
- Week 2
- Wednesday, March 9th – Computer Basics: Keyboarding – 11:00am – 12:30pm
- Thursday, March 10th – Computer Basics: PowerPoint – 5:00pm – 6:30pm
- Week 3
- Wednesday, March 16th – Social Media: Facebook 101 – 11:00am – 12:30pm
- Thursday, March 17th – Advanced Skills: 3D Printing 101 – 5:00pm – 6:30pm
- Week 4
- Wednesday, March 23rd – Social Media: Facebook 102 – 11:00am – 12:30pm
- Thursday, March 24th – Advanced Skills: 3D Printing 102 – 5:00pm – 6:30pm
- Week 5
- Wednesday, March 30th – Advanced Skills: Google Drive – 11:00am – 12:30pm
- Thursday, March 31st – Advanced Skills: Ancestry Library Edition – 5:00pm – 6:30pm
- Week 1
- Wednesday, April 6th – No Computer Class
- Thursday, March 7th – Computer Basics: Getting Started – 11:00am – 12:30pm
- Week 2
- Wednesday, April 13th – Computer Basics: Word 101 – 11:00am – 12:30pm
- Thursday, April 14th – World Wide Web: Internet 101 – 11:00am- 12:30pm
- Week 3
- Wednesday, April 20th – No Computer Class
- Thursday, April 21st – Advanced Skills: Ancestry – 11:00am – 12:30pm
- Week 4
- Wednesday, April 27th – Social Media: Facebook 101 – 11:00am – 12:30pm
- Thursday, April 28th – Social Media 102 – 11:00am – 12:30am
Register for Classes
Registration can be done online, over the phone, or inside the library.
To register online, click this text.
To register over the phone, call Jessica Wyatt at 706-876-2504.
To register inside the library, drop by Dalton-Whitfield County Library and ask the front desk for a registration form.
Job Searching Resources
- Glassdoor: Discover salary information, company profiles, interview questions and more as Glassdoor helps you get a job.
Contact the LTTC
|Name:||Jessica H. Wyatt|
|Address:||Dalton Whitfield Public Library
310 Cappes St.
Dalton Ga, 30720