Friends of the Chatsworth Murray Library is an organization whose members share the belief that a strong, public library is a valuable intellectual, cultural, educational and recreational resource in the community. Friends brings together involved, caring people who are interested in enriching the library by
- Procuring new books, materials and equipment not provided for the library through the regular tax-supported budget;
- Raising funds through membership dues and special events (All funds are used to benefit the library.)
- Sponsoring exhibits, book and author events, and lectures by local literary figures;
- Stimulating public awareness and appreciation of the library;
- Encouraging gifts, donations and bequests to the library; and
- Informing elected officials of issues affecting the library.
Friends of the Library Membership
Membership in the Friends of the Library organization will help buy books for the library shelves and fund events. The Friends of the Chatsworth-Murray County Library is a tax-exempt organization. FRIENDship new member and renewal levels of support:
- Student: $2.00
- Individual: $10.00
- Family: $25.00
- Supporter: $50.00
- Patron: $100.00
- Business: $250.00
- Sustaining: $500.00
- Benefactor: $1,000.00
To join, drop by the library and fill out a form with your donation!
Wondering what to do with all those good, used books?
Why not donate them to the Friends of the Library for the monthly Block Party Book Sale? Bring your gently used books to the library anytime during library hours. You may ask one of the librarians for a tax form receipt so that your donation may be tax deductible. Friends of the Library was incorporated in January 1998 as a 501(3)(C) organization. Dues and regular and memorial donations may be tax-deductible. (For more information consult your accountant.)