Dalton-Whitfield Library, September 27th: 12pm
Join the Living Wall artists as they discuss the art of making a mural. Bring your own lunch if you’re hungry and the library will provide drinks. This is free and open to the public.
Dalton-Whitfield Library, 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Come join us for the Rauschenberg Lecture, the first event of the gloATL and Living Walls “The Traveling Show.” There will be an Open House before as an opportunity to meet the artists involved with “The Traveling Show.”
Open House: Sept. 25th, 5:00pm – 6:00pm.
Dalton-Whitfield library is hosting an open house to introduce the gloATL and Living Walls performers, to show off the new Teen Room, and the relocated computer lab. Food will be provided by the Dalton Friends of the Library.
- Adults are invited to drop by the adult area during the open house and enter a raffle to win a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, 7-inch tablet.
- Teens between 6th and 12th grade are invited to drop by the teen room during the open house and enter a raffle to win a free Kindle.
- Kids through 5th grade are invited to drop by the children’s area during the open house and enter a raffle to win a Leapfrog LeapPad 2 Power Learning Tablet!
Everyone is encouraged to stick around for the opening event for the gloATL and Living Walls visit, the Rauschenberg Lecture. Don’t forget to check our calendar for a list of events going on during the gloATL and Living Walls, “The Traveling Show“, visit.
UPDATE: The Traveling Show has come and gone. Thank you to everyone who came! Don’t forget to check out the new mural on the corner of King and Hamilton street.
The Traveling Show – September 25-28
Dalton-Whitfield Library is proud to host gloATL and Living Walls as they begin a journey through Georgia, sharing art, community, and discussion. We are partnering with the Creative Arts Guild, Downtown Dalton Development Authority, City of Dalton, Dalton State College, and Kellie Smith Design Studio. Visit The Traveling Show Facebook Page to get more information about the tour as a whole.
All events will be free and open to the public. Exception: Schools may have a policy about visitors on the school grounds, so check with the schools if you are interested in those performances.
There will be several community events here in Dalton between September 25th and September 28th.
Wednesday, Sept. 25th:
- 5:00pm – Dalton-Whitfield Library Open House & Artist Reception
- 6:00pm – Rauschenberg lecture
Thursday, Sept. 26th:
- 8:30am – Eastside Elementary School Float: An Urban Fantasy performance by gloATL
- 11:30am – Dalton State College Installation on the student green
- 1:00pm – Artists Lecture: “Collaboration as Salvation” by gloATL and Living Walls
- 4:00pm – Site Lecture: Tactical Urbanism on the corner of King and Hamilton with tents and chairs available from Downtown Development
- 4:30pm – Public Intervention: Dalton Green at the Courthouse by gloATL
- 7:00pm – Creative Arts Guild Installation in the Sculpture Garden
- 7:45pm – Art as Citizen Lecture at the Creative Arts Guild
Friday, Sept. 27th:
- 8:30am – Blueridge Elementary Float: An Urban Fantasy performance by gloATL
- 12:00pm – Dalton-Whitfield Library Lunch & Learn Brown Bag Lecture: “Mural Art Making” by Living Walls
- 4:00pm – Creative Arts Guild Master Dance Class by Sean Johnson
- 6:30pm – Public Shop: Mall Installation by gloATL
Saturday, Sept. 28th:
- 3:00pm – Installation gloATL tech/dress
- 6:00pm – Mural Reveal & Physical Installation at the corner of King and Hamilton by gloATL and Living Walls
Download your own copy of “The Traveling Show” schedule.
Dalton-Whitfield Teen Advisory Group Meeting: Sept. 19th, 5:30pm – 6:30 pm
Dalton-Whitfield Library’s first Teen Advisory Group meeting will be on Thursday Sept. 19th from 5:30pm – 6:30 pm. We’ll be meeting in the Teen Room for pizza, games, and planning.
Dalton-Whitfield library will be closed Saturday, August 31st – Monday, September 2nd in honor of Labor Day. The library will be open for regular hours on Tuesday, September 3rd.
11:00 Weekly on Tuesdays Toddler Time
- September 10th Making Friends
- September 17th Farm Fun
- September 24th Apples
11:00 Weekly on Wednesdays
- September 4th Till the Cows come home
- September 11th Here a chick, there a chick
- September 18th Plenty of Pigs
- September 25th An Apple a Day!
11:00 Weekly on Saturdays R.E.A.D.S
- September 7th Fun with Jag Wayside School
- September 14th Wayside School
- September 21st Wayside School
- September 28th
This friend’s book sale and it benefits the library.