Dalton-Whitfield Library will be closed due to bad weather: February 11th, 12th, and 13th, 2014
We plan to reopen on Friday the 14th for our regular hours.
We want our patrons and our staff to be safe! We’re sorry for any inconvenience. Books may be renewed online if you know your card number and PIN.
Stay safe and stay warm!
AARP Tax-Aide will be at Dalton-Whitfield Library starting February 4th and ending April 15th
The AARP Foundation will be here, providing free tax aide to people with low or moderate incomes, focusing especially on those over 60. There is no cost for the tax aide and it will be available Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays starting February 4th and ending April 15th. For more information, visit the AARP website.
Tuesday: 10:00AM – 3:30PM
Friday: 10:00AM – 3:30PM
Saturday: 10:00AM – 1:00PM
* Please note, the schedule is subject to any library closings.
AARP Tax Aide Brochure
AARP’s list of things to bring:
- Social Security Cards or other official documentation for yourself and all dependents
- Copy of last year’s income tax returns
- W-2 Forms from each employer
- Unemployment compensation statements
- SSA-1099 form if you were payed Social Security benefits
- All 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-MISC, etc.) showing interest and/or dividents, as well as documentation showing the the original purchase price of your sold assets
- 1099 forms if you received a pension or annuity
- All forms indicating federal income tax paid
- Child care provider information (name, employer ID, Social Security number)
- Receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions
- Social Security numbers for all dependents
Due to inclement weather, the library will be closed at 12pm Tuesday, 1/28 and remain closed Wednesday, 1/29. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Dalton-Whitfield Library will be closed Saturday, January 18th for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
In honor of the holiday weekend, Dalton-Whitfield will be closed from Saturday – Monday. Regular hours will resume on Tuesday, January 21st.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Can you FreeFile your 2013 Georgia Taxes this year? The maximum income limit has been raised, so check it out!
The text of the flyer:
Georgia individual taxpayers who earned $58,000 or less in 2013 may qualify for free filing of their income tax returns.
THREE EASY STEPS
- Go to: http://etax.dor.ga.gov.
- Click on: “File My Return for Free” or the FreeFile Banner.
- Select a Vendor and click the appropriate link. IT’S THAT EASY!
- TO ENSURE THAT YOU CAN FILE YOUR STATE AND FEDERAL INCOME TAX RETURNS FOR FREE, CLICK ON A VENDOR’S INFORMATION LINK ON THE GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE WEBSITE.*
- IF YOU HAVE ALREADY FILED YOUR FEDERAL RETURN, YOU MAY STILL BE ABLE TO FILE YOUR STATE RETURN FOR FREE.
*The Georgia Department of Revenue neither endorses nor recommends any of the software vendors.
Dalton Library Closed: January 1st, 2014.
In honor of the holiday, Dalton-Whitfield library will be closed for New Year’s Day. Normal business hours will resume on January 2nd.
Dalton-Whitfield Library Closing Early: Tuesday, December 31st @ 5pm
There’s plenty of time to ring in the New Year since the library will be closing an hour early. We will resume normal hours on Thursday, January 2nd.
L’Abri Symphony Orchestra String EnsembleMusic: December 17th, 18th, 19th @ 5:00 pm
Come to the Dalton-Whitfield library on December 17th, 18th, and 19th at 5:00 pm to enjoy holiday music. They’ll be giving free concerts in the children’s department. Everyone is welcome to enjoy and get into the holiday spirit.
Dalton-Whitfield Library will be closing on Friday, December 13th at 5:00 pm for staff in-service.
We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to seeing you on Saturday.
Classic Movie Matinée: Thursday, December 12th @ 2 PM
Are you ready to see a movie for FREE? Drop by Dalton-Whitfield Library to see a free movie with us! Concessions will be available.
The movie will be Not Rated and it is a holiday movie.
All ages welcome. For details about which movie is being shown, call the library at 706-876-1365.
Classic Movie Matinée