Calhoun-Gordon Library is encouraging teens from 11-18 to participate in the Gordon County Suicide Prevention Coalition’s Youth Creativity Contest
The library is only promoting this cause. Prizes, entries, and works will go through the Gordon County Suicide Prevention Coalition.
2015 Children’s Mental Health Awareness Creativity Contest
Gordon County Suicide Prevention Coalition (GCSPC) is sponsoring a creativity contest to promote Children’s Mental Health. The theme is “Stand Up for Mental Health.” There are two categories: Writing and Poster creation. Winners will be recognized on Thursday, June 4, at the Gordon County Interagency Council meeting. The winners’ work will be framed and displayed at the Harris Arts Center from June 15 – June 30 in the Community Room. They will also be posted on the Family Connection Gordon County website. Submissions in each category will reviewed and winner selected by the GCSPC.
All Gordon County Middle, ages 11 – 14, and High School, ages 15 – 18, students are eligible to
Contest Theme: “Stand Up for Mental Health”
Students are encouraged to draw or write showing how they help themselves and others stand
up for mental health.
Contest Category Rules
- Must be an original artwork that combines drawings/pictures and/or words to express
the contest theme.
- Materials used may include pencil, ink, charcoal, crayon, markers, pastel, paint, mixed
media, collage, or similar 2D media.
- Poster must fit on a standard 8½” x 11″ sheet of paper. Larger or smaller work will be
- First and last name of student and age must be included on the back of the poster.
- Entry must be a story, essay, or poem based on the contest theme and no longer
than 350 words.
- Entry must be typed or, if handwritten, must be legible.
- Please ask an adult to review spelling and grammar for errors prior to submission.
- First and last name of student and age must be included on the back of the page.
Judging will be based on originality, creativity, and how well your entry expresses the contest
theme. The judges will select the top submissions for each category and age groups, 11 – 14
years and 15 – 18 years.
How to Enter
Each entry must be submitted with the contest entry form. If a participant would like their entry
displayed and/or published for GCSPC use, a parent or guardian must sign the contest entry
form granting consent for the use of the participant’s work. A copy of this form is available by
or calling 706-602-5139.
- All paper entries must have the name of the student and age on the back.
- Entries must be received by 6:00 PM, Tuesday, May 26, 2015
Entries may be sent by postal mail to:
GCSPC Creativity Contest
% Family Connection Gordon County
380 Barrett Road
Calhoun, GA 30701
Entries, once submitted, become the property of GCSPC, and may be used for the purpose of
promoting awareness of children’s mental health issues. Entries may be posted to Family
Connection Gordon County web site and used in promotional materials.
April 29, 2015
See attached PDFs below to obtain the entry form and to print out the directions.
2015 Youth Art Contest Directions
Creativity Contest Entry