Please mark your calendars for Tuesday, June 17th, for the Annual FOL Member Meeting. The meeting will be held at the Voluntary Action Center’s new training room located at 343 S. Wall Street in downtown Calhoun. The meeting will start at 7:00 p.m. The guest speaker will be Elaine Little and she will discuss her book A Southern Place.
Friends of the Calhoun-Gordon County Library is an organization whose members share the belief that a strong, public library is a valuable intellectual, cultural, educational and recreational resource in the community. Friends brings together involved, caring people who are interested in enriching the library by –
- Procuring new books, materials and equipment not provided for the library through the regular tax-supported budget;
- Raising funds through membership dues and special events (All funds are used to benefit the library.)
- Sponsoring exhibits, book and author events, and lectures by local literary figures;
- Stimulating public awareness and appreciation of the library;
- Encouraging gifts, donations and bequests to the library; and
- Informing elected officials of issues affecting the library.
Wondering what to do with all those good, used books?
Why not donate them to the Friends of the Library for the annual “Used Book Sales.” Bring your gently used books to the library anytime during library hours. You may ask one of the librarians for a tax form receipt so that your donation may be tax deductible. Friends of the Library was incorporated in January 1998 as a 501(3)(C) organization. Dues and regular and memorial donations may be tax-deductible. (For more information consult your accountant.)
Membership in Friends of the Library is open to individuals, families and organizations interested in promoting the enhancement of the Calhoun-Gordon County Library.
Friends of the Library is led by a Board of Directors composed of twelve members who are elected at the Annual Membership Meeting held each June. Board members serve a two-year term.
President: John Shiver
If you have any questions about Friends of the Library, please contact the president, Roberta Charbonneau, through the library at 706-624-1456.