Northwest Georgia Regional Library
Library Courier (part-time 17.5 Hrs.)
Open until July 27th
The Library Courier (NGRL) is responsible for driving the courier routes for the three-county regional system to deliver and pick up materials to and from all locations. Materials are sorted and distributed appropriately at headquarters for further routing.
Reports to: Assistant Director of Finance & Human Resources
Courier duties include, but are not limited to:
- Drives the library delivery van on regular routes as directed, to library locations throughout the three-county regional system.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director of Finance & Human Resources
- Load and unloads materials for routes; picks up, sorts, delivers materials throughout region.
- Sorts and distributes materials appropriately at the end of each route.
- Makes sure all relevant regional materials arrive to their intended destinations in a timely manner.
- Assists in on-going maintenance of van by keeping it fueled, scheduling for service as needed, keeping up with washing, cleaning, and its general condition.
- Retrieves recycling from departments throughout building and delivers to the recycling bin as needed.
- Retrieves garbage and recycling from the Friends of the Library designated area twice weekly and delivers to dumpster and recycling bin as necessary.
- Other building maintenance as assigned.
- May courier computers, equipment, peripherals, network devices, and/or library materials to branch libraries for delivery
High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
Minimum qualifications plus building maintenance experience.
Courier Requirements: (approximately 12 hrs. / week)
- Valid Georgia driver’s license; excellent driving record; insurability
- Safe driving performance on the job
- Ability to communicate needs and understand/follow directions
- Ability to perform physical tasks, lift up to 50 pounds, move loaded hand trucks with book cartons
- Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, reach overhead, etc.
- Outgoing, friendly
- Polite, patient
- Service oriented, eager to help
The library courier will work in and outside loading and unloading heavy crates of library materials into and out of library vans. Some tasks may require bending, stretching, reaching and possibly lifting boxes up to 50 lbs.
Send a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.