Northwest Georgia Regional Library
Northwest Georgia Regional Library Director
Due to a retirement, the Northwest Georgia Regional Library System, based in Dalton, GA, seeks a forward thinking, enthusiastic, service-oriented Director to lead a diverse 3 county system into the future. Two construction/renovation projects have just been completed. System population is 209,905.
The library system consists of 3 member libraries serving Gordon, Murray, and Whitfield counties of Georgia. The regional library director is appointed by and reports to the Regional Library Board of Trustees. The director meets regularly with the regional and local boards of trustees. She/he administers library grants, funds and programs in accordance with Georgia Code, Georgia Public Library Service, and Northwest Georgia Regional Library Board Constitution, Bylaws, and Policies.
The director is responsible for the regional and Dalton/Whitfield budget plus any state funded capital or maintenance projects, supervises 17 employees at headquarters/Dalton-Whitfield Library while providing guidance and assistance to employees in member libraries in the system.
The Northwest Georgia Regional Library System is a member of PINES statewide Automation and Resource sharing system and benefits from state funded GALILEO resources.
Job Title: Library Director
Start date: March 1, 2015
Library/Institution name: Northwest Georgia Regional Library System
Salary: State salary plus local supplement commensurate with experience and qualifications; State Teachers Retirement; State Health Benefits; Flexible Benefits
Certification required: Yes
Job Type: Full-time
Type of Library: Public
Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution and the ability to obtain a Grade 5-B certification from the Georgia State Board for the Certification of Librarians. Knowledge of personnel practices, facility operation and maintenance, financial management, and library construction practices.
Excellent verbal, writing and speaking skills required. The ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff, library board members, elected officials, and community leaders is essential to promote library services and needs. Must be capable of working in ambiguous supervisory environments in a positive and graceful manner. Minimum of three (3) years professional managerial public library experience involving personnel administration and fiscal responsibilities required. Demonstrated leadership, diplomacy, and public relation skills preferred.
Please send Cover Letter specifying experience and interest; Resume; and Reference page with the names, titles and contact information (telephone/address/email) for at least three (3) professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: December 12, 2014.
Job Description: NGRL Library Director Job Description
Northwest Georgia Regional Library
Information Technology Assistant
Information Technology Assistant Job Description PDF
The Information Technology Assistant at NGRL reports to the Technology Services Librarian and is responsible for management of NGRL Internet Lines; NGRL Networks (In-house and Wireless); E-rate Applications & reporting; Responding to assignments from the NGRL Helpdesk; installation, maintenance, update, repair, and troubleshooting of NGRL networks, computers, software, and peripherals; and provision of instruction to staff and patrons. This position requires weekend rotation work.
Library Information Technology Assistant duties include (but are not limited to):
- Help plan and participate in instructional programs, such as programs on computer, internet and software usage; provides NGRL staff training; provides train the trainer instruction; LTTC patron programs.
- Courier computers, equipment, peripherals, network devices, and/or library materials to branch libraries for delivery at least 1 day per week.
- Reports any major issues and confers with the Technology Librarian and Library Director concerning all aspects of NGRL networking, computer, e-rate, or library information technology issues.
- Maintains statistical information. Generates quarterly reports; assists the library director in gathering data and preparing statistical reports as needed.
- Attends workshops, seminars, etc. to stay abreast of developments in library operations and technology.
- Stays current on new technological procedures, processes, and equipment.
- Stays current on issues relating to the computer, network systems, and the Internet.
- Acts as technical contact between NGRL and the Georgia Public Library Service.
- Makes unscheduled visits to any affiliated library if a technology emergency arises.
- Confers with the Technology Librarian and Library Director as needed concerning all aspects of technology services.
Certification in Computer Information Systems or Networking with 2 years’ work experience in field of computer network systems installation, maintenance, and repair.
Associate’s degree in Computer Information Systems, with 2 years’ work experience in the field of computer network systems installation, maintenance, and repair (plus library experience.)
- Software installation and upgrades across a network
- Setup, use and troubleshooting of networks, firewalls, wireless, SIP, internet lines, and phone systems.
- Computer and peripheral troubleshooting
- Organized in preparing handouts and designing course content
- Personable to deliver course content, confident, well spoken (volume and language skills)
- Patience to work with beginners
The library information technology assistant will generally work indoors. Much of the time is spent at desks or computer terminals. Time is also spent in the library van traveling between library branch locations while delivering computers, equipment, or peripherals and/or installing or upgrading the same. Time will be spent standing while delivering class instruction for up to 2 hours at a time. Some tasks may require bending, stretching, reaching and possibly lifting boxes up to 40 lbs.
Please e-mail cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.